Template Customization Help Center
1. Getting started with a flash template
2. How to insert text in a flash movie
3. How to exchange images in flash
4. How to insert a new image in flash
5. How to create a new link in flash
6. How to make flash header links link to html pages
7. How to create a mail link in flash
8. How to insert background music in flash
9. How to insert a sound effect in flash
10. How to create a scrollbar in flash
11. Flash/php contact form installation
Free Flash / PHP contact form.
To get flash contact form, please click here to download. After unraring the file, please follow the instructions below.
How to integrate contact form in flash template.
Contact form allows you to get email messages from your visitors. We use small PHP script to send the messages, so please make sure your host supports php.
1.After unziping you will find these files: contact_form.fla - the contact form source file; email.php - the PHP file that will send the message; contact_form.swf - the standard contact form.
The standard contact form has 3 fields to enter: Name, E-mail, Comments and the send button:
2. Copy those 3 files into your site folder.
3. Edit your site using Macromedia Flash MX 2004 or higher.
4. Go into the timeline on the contact keyframe.
5. Insert a new empty movie clip : Insert => New Symbol => Movie clip. You can name it "contact form".
6. Open the Flash Library ( CTRL+L or Window => Library ) and drag the "contact form" movie clip symbol into the timeline contact keyframe.
7. Name the "contact form" movie clip symbol: "contact_form"
8. On the timeline, please click the contact keyframe, open the actions tab ( F9 ) and place the following actions:
Now when you export the movie, the contact form will load into the contact keyframe.
9. Now you will have to insert the email address where the messages will arrive to. For this, you will have to edit the second line: ($destination="email@domain_name.com"). You have to change "email@domain_name.com" with your e-mail address.
Now the contact form will work and the messages will arrive to your e-mail address.
Contact Form Customization
The standard contact form has only 3 input text fields, but you can add more fields.
Adding a new text field :
1. Open in Macromedia Flash contact_form.fla
2. Open the Flash Library ( CTRL+L or Window => Library ) and edit the "form" movie clip symbol.
3. Select the Text Tool (T), from the Properties panel select Input text and draw your new text field.
4. Also in the Properties panel there is the "Var" property where you must enter the name for your new text. Let's name it "new_text_field".
5. Edit the "email.php" file. Right click the file and select: Open With => Notepad. For the new texfield you must add new lines in the PHP script and the standard script will be now like this:
$subject="Message from $name" ;
$mes="Name : $name\n
New text field : $new_text";
Looks like that's all.
Back to Top
Animal & pets
Books & literature
Business & finance
Cars & Vehicles
Dating & Relations
Fashion & beauty
Flip book & Notebook
Food & drinks
Health & medicine
Industry & Construction
Interior design & Furniture
Law & legal
Marina & Water
Science & Technology